Cockermouth is a thriving market town that enjoys a tremendous community enthusiasm for events and new initiatives as well as celebrating its history and heritage.
The town centre has wide pavements and freshly painted buildings all along the High Street and Market Place and lots of independent shops, galleries and cafes. Whether you find time to pop into the town yourself or have a spouse who'd prefer a break from all things wool, please use our free shuttle bus service to make the most of your day.
(Image courtesy of http://www.cockermouth.org.uk)
The local brewery, Jennings, offers brewery tours, the National Trust has William Wordsworth's childhood home as a delightful museum and beautiful garden, The Kirkgate arts centre has local information and performances and there are plenty of unusual shops and galleries, pubs and services as well as parks and the river.
- Cockermouth Tourist Information Centre - www.cockermouth.org.uk
- Cockermouth area information - www.visitcumbria.com/cm/
Click the map on this page to download a PDF version.
Cumbria and the Lake District
If you’d like to explore further afield then there is lots of printed information about attractions, walks and events at the entrances to Woolfest or we’d recommend a couple of key websites.
- Go Lakes from Cumbria Tourism – golakes.co.uk
- Keswick Tourism Association – keswick.org
- Allerdale Tourism - allerdale.gov.uk/en/local-history-heritage-travel-and-tourism/visit-allerdale