Every year at Woolfest, we offer a stall to a worker in wool who has recently started in business, in memory of Carolyn, our colleague, friend and co-founder of The Wool Clip, whose vision and inspiration led to Woolfest.
Previous recipients of this free stall and showcase have included:
- Jane Rawling for her innovative Herdwick wool coats
- Naomi Harrison with her modern Linton tweed clothing designs
- Daniela Kloppmann, a young spinner, dyer and felter from North Yorkshire
- Emma Dolan, who handcrafted decorative teacups and saucers
- Jon Booker of Natural Born Dyers
- Joss Wrigg, a felt sculptor from Allendale in Northumberland
- Polly Shacklady, a knitwear designer with a modern take on Fair Isle techniques and styles
- Mandy Marshall with her range of Herdwick tweed bags and accessories
- Maggie Jeffers of Fox Tapestry Design
- Liz Reed who creates quirky driftwood characters
- Hellen Edwards, a textile artist from Stockton-on-Tees in County Durham
- Izzy Middleton, also known as Wildflower Weaver, who is based at Farfield Mill near Sedbergh.
Details of this year’s Memorial Stallholder will be posted here very soon.